With the strategy determination, you gain insight into and a grip on the strategy for relevant subjects of your fleet management. In order to make plans for the future, it is important that wishes and expectations within the organisation are clear and coordinated. Fleet Support sets off the various interests from each discipline against the consequence of possible choices and creates conditions for achieving a joint strategy or joint policy.
STEP 1: INVENTORY
During this meeting, we determine which of the following topics the strategy determination relates to:
- Mobility policy (mobility forms, current developments such as the ‘New World of Work’ and the mobility budget)
- Management form (lease or own management)
- Purchasing strategy (single or dual)
- Degree of outsourcing (role of the fleet manager)
In addition, we determine what the internal organisational objectives of the strategy determination are and what the level of knowledge is regarding the subject matter of the people involved. We can use this to determine the level of depth with which to treat the topics.
STEP 2: WORK SESSION
Without support in the organisation, implementing changes is a hopeless mission. That is why the relevant departments will participate in a work session. During an interactive work session at your office, Fleet Support will set off the various interests from each discipline against the consequences of possible choices and creates conditions for achieving a joint strategy or policy.
STEP 3: RESULT
You will receive a report from us containing the results of the work session. The follow-up process may look something like this:
- Further deepening of the relevant subject, e.g. by means of a potential assessment.
- Plan of action and implementation of the relevant subject. This could be, for instance, updating the existing car or mobility scheme or setting up a tender.